Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

This is a post from the Wood Dog, who has been on vacation for a long, long time.  Note that he had Internet access on vacation, so this has nothing to do with his lack of blogging.

So HAPPY NEW YEAR!  As we do each year in Seattle, this past New Year's Eve at midnight we unsuccessfully tried to blow up the Space Needle.  There's always next time I guess.

Here are some of my 2009 Resolutions, because that is what one does to start a year.  A note on "New Year's Resolutions": January first is a HORRIBLE time to start making headway on any real resolution.  Oh yeah, like I am going to go hit the gym with a raging hangover, or learn to cook when all the stores are closed.  No way.  Just so we are ALL on the same page here, resolutions are to begin on the first MONDAY of the year.  Good.  That gives you 3 more days to finalize your list anyway.

Resolutions:

1. Blog more ("nailing it" right now and it's not even the first Monday)

2. Lose weight.  Not sure how much, but any viewer of the shirtless Wood Dog Family Mexico Videos from December 2008 will support me in this effort.

3. Stay employed at the startup.  I hear it's a really good time to (A) raise money for startups, and (B) find a new job if your startup doesn't accomplish (A).  So, Resolution #3 is key.

4. Build a shed.  Yeah that's right, a shed.  I need a new man cave, and the new pad is void of any man caviness.  If I can accomplish resolution #3, then this is where I will work from. Think "small office in the back yard with heat, Internet access, poker table, sofa, no kids and a phone."  This could work.

5. Pick better than 44% in my NFL pickem league.  If I had only made a pick in the Thursday December 11, 2008 game, I would have qualified and won the last place award for the 100+ participant pick'em league, as I did in 2007.

6. Win Slim's NBA Fantasy League. 

7. Attend a Gateway Gators game.

8. The rest are lame "be a good father" type things, so we'll just leave it at that.  Happy 2009.

1 comment:

ChiefLiveNotDie said...

Where is 9) Drink more scotch, 10) come hang with your buddies in SF more, or 11) be a good wingman in Vegas?

Aye, where are those my man? Aren't those worthy goals? Are you not entertained?...