Monday, February 23, 2009

Bird vs. Crow

So I was invited out tonight to see a band in the hip Seattle music scene. Now let's be clear, I don't get out much. The last time I went out to see (hear?) live music in Seattle, it was back in the heyday grunge era of Seattle music. Watching Peal Jam up close at the 'Croc while wearing my fatigues and flannel shirt was the best damn time of my life.

[Editor's note: The Wood Dog had never even heard of Peal Jam, or any other grunge band, until they hit #1 on the national charts, and he wore Polo back in the 90's.]

The point is, I am out of my element. I had to do some research on this Band I am seeing tonight, so I could be prepared. The Band it turns out, is a guy. And the guy's name is Bird. Andrew Bird. After doing as much research as I could muster (8 seconds on google) I immediately identified this "genius" as a hack.

He is a total copy cat of Russel Crow (from Master and Commander), and if he doesn’t credit him tonight (or at LEAST credit Captain Jack Aubrey) as his inspiration, I call TOTAL BS.

But you be the judge.

Bird: (see the first 20 seconds of this clip when he was on Letterman)





Crow: (watch from 0:15 to 0:30 of this clip when he was at sea)




I mean, look at their styles… IDENTICAL. And Captain Jack was what, 150 years ago?

No comments: