Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Saturday Noggin' Live

After a trip to the Bay Area this past weekend, I was doing a little catching up on my Tivo'ed items. Entourage still sucks. Got about halfway through Good Night and Good Luck which is decent so far but I'd say it got noticed by the Oscar committee for its leftist "taking on the government"-ness as much as for its quality. The Mad Men episodes are still piling up and though I have heard they are good, I haven't gotten into watching them yet. Same thing happened to me with Flight of the Conchords.

In addition to Entourage, I usually watch SNL on a weekly basis. This is mostly because recording it in HD takes up a significant portion of my Tivo storage space, so I need to clear that space or I risk missing a recording of Robot Chicken.

This week's host was Josh Brolin, who stars in Oliver Stone's recently released film W. Brolin managed a decent line in his monologue (paraphrasing: "I recently starred in a movie about politics in the United States. It was called No Country For Old Men and it was about John McCain.") but was otherwise pretty forgettable. Except for one thing, that is. The size of his noodle. MY GOOD GOLLY. We are talking pumpkin on a toothpick here. That's no moon, that's a space station. I mean, the man's head on his body looks like an oversized Taylor Made driver head on a graphite shaft, and trust me it was absolutely terrifying in HD:

Granted, the dude's married to Diane Lane:

And before that (and maybe during) he's probably laid more pipe than Joe the Plumber, but if you ask me, I'd rather be anonymous and have a head without its own gravitational pull.

No comments: