Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's OKTO Ramble

Is it total BS that my wife proposed to me on Facebook, and I ignored the request? I just thought it would be a bit lame for a mass e-mail to go out to my 76 friends (of which only 15 are fake) declaring our life-long commitment to each other. I have had to declare that publicly once before, and I got a SWEET party out of it. I just didn't see the upside here.

There is though a bit of risk with just being Facebook Friends with my wife. I have already had one person note that my wife is "Facebook available", and he was saying he might make a move.

Here's another reason why Cricket is lame. Not only is it a slower version of baseball, but you also get weak news headlines like the recent: "England loses their sixth wicket just before tea on the first day of the third Test at Edgbaston." What the hell does that even mean? It sounds like someone is misplacing Ewoks before caffeinating up during finals week. Losing Wickets before tea on the first day of tests? It's excruciating.

Do you want to know just how excruciating Cricket is to me? OK, picture yourself after reading that last paragraph. Yes, I KNOW, THAT excruciating.

I don't easily get mad, but I purchased a lottery ticket the other day, and the pure complexity, and time it took to figure out, just really angered me. Why should I be forced to apply advanced chaos science to a lottery ticket to discover if I won the $5 or not? I seriously have no idea if this ticket has value. Please click on the picture to the right and tell me, I'll just send it to you.

It seems like every time I visit my grandparents in their sweet retirement complex I hear some total gem from one of the residents. Like my last visit I was in the elevator going down to dinner, and a nice old guy explained to me that the "computer was going to just change everything." It was a tough point to argue.

I am by no means in the know on music these days as I generally listen to such things "Dora's Music on the Go" and not so much the latest Ne-Yo track. That said, I hear by declare the most catchy song of 2009 to be "It's Love" by Chris Knox. Come on, you've seen the Heineken "Share the Good" commercial, right? And since this post may put my manliness in question, I'll just go with it and also declare Heineken Premium Light to be a damn fine beer too.

No comments: